“Pet Lookalike Photo Contest” Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST.
The “Pet Lookalike” (“Contest”) is sponsored by Coborn’s, Incorporated, 1921 Coborn Blvd., St. Cloud, MN 56301 (“Sponsor”)
- Eligibility. The Contest is open only to participants who, as of the entry date, are legal residents of Minnesota, North Dakota, Wisconsin or South Dakota and 18 years old or older. The Contest is void in all other jurisdictions and where prohibited or restricted by law. The Contest, and any website pages and advertisements relating thereto, is intended for viewing only within the jurisdictions where the Contest is offered and participants must be present in the United States or the District of Columbia at the time they enter.
- Contest Entry Period. The “Contest Entry Period” begins at Sunday, September 1, 2019 12:00 a.m. CST and ends Monday, September 22, 2019 11:59 p.m. CST (the “Entry Deadline”). Sponsor’s (or its designee’s) computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
- How to Enter.
- To enter, go to www.celebratemore.com/petlookalike during the Contest Entry Period and follow the links and instructions to submit your entry information, including your Photos (as defined and described in Section 4(b) below). Each entrant (sometimes referred to herein as a “contestant”) must completely fill out the online entry form, and submit the Photos in accordance with the on-screen instructions. All entries must be submitted online. Mailed or hard copy entries will not be accepted. All entries (including Photo submissions) must be received by Sponsor during the Contest Entry Period. Failure to submit all required information and submissions in the manner required in these Official Rules may result in disqualification. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. LIMIT: One (1) entry/Photo per person/in the Contest. Duplicate entries of the same child risk elimination from the contest.
- Each entrant is required to submit one online registration and an original photo (the “Photo”) via the Official Entry Form, located at www.celebratemore.com/petlookalike to Sponsor. Each Photo must be in good taste and must be in accordance with United States law. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Photo for any reason, including but not limited to the entrant’s failure to comply with the requirements in this paragraph.
- All submissions in the Contest (and all components of such submissions) by an entrant must be the entrant’s own. By entering the Contest and submitting a Photo to Sponsor, each entrant has represented (i) that the entrant is the copyright owner of the Photo or has written permission from the copyright owner to enter the Photo in this Contest and to grant to Sponsor all rights necessary to use the Photo in the Contest, (ii) that the entrant has granted to the Sponsor an irrevocable license to publish, republish, distribute and copy the edited Photo an unlimited number of times in any print, electronic or other medium, and (iii) that the entrant has obtained from anyone identified or depicted in the Photo (or the parent or guardian of any child identified or depicted) all permission necessary to grant the Sponsor the foregoing license. Modifying, enhancing or altering a third party’s preexisting work does not qualify as an entrant’s original creation. Each submission must be in keeping with the Sponsor’s positive image and may not be offensive or inappropriate, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, nor can it defame or invade publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or entity, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s or entity’s personal, intellectual property or property rights or any other third party rights. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entry for any reason, including any entry Sponsor deems, in whole or in part, to be offensive, inappropriate or that is not in keeping with Sponsor’s positive image. Any submission that does not comply with any aspect of these Official Rules may be rejected or eliminated by Sponsor and the entrant disqualified.
- Each entry and related submissions, including, without limitation, all contents, concepts and ideas embodied therein, becomes the exclusive property of Sponsor, and will not be returned by Sponsor. Each entrant hereby irrevocably assigns to Sponsor, its successors and assigns, all right, title and interest in and to such entry and submissions, including, without limitation, all intellectual property and other proprietary rights without expectation of compensation or acknowledgement (other than the prize, if any, that is awarded to entrant as set forth in these Official Rules). Each entrant agrees that Sponsor and its successors, assigns, licensees and designees shall have the perpetual, irrevocable, world-wide and fully-transferable right (but not obligation) to use, modify, display, reproduce, make derivative works of, and otherwise exploit entrant’s entry and submissions (or any part thereof) for promotional purposes in any manner or media whether now or hereafter existing and/or to otherwise use or commercially exploit any entry or submission (or any part thereof) or information or ideas contained within any entry or submission, all without further payment, consideration, attribution, notice or consent. Sponsor shall have no obligation to maintain any of the entries or submissions, or any information or ideas contained therein, as confidential or proprietary. Sponsor reserves the right to edit, modify, or abridge any such entry or submissions for any reason prior to use.
- All entrants and entries are subject to verification by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a background check on any or all entrants, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual based on such background check if Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that awarding a prize to any such individual might reflect negatively on Sponsor. Entrants will cooperate with Sponsor and its representatives in connection with any and all verification and background check activities, including, without limitation, signing and delivering background check authorizations.
- Selection of Winners; Notification; Acceptance. The Contest judges will be choosing the Top 10 photos from approximately Monday, September 23rd thru Wednesday, September 25th, 2019. Contest Judges will judge Photos on the basis of overall appeal of the Photo, including, but not limited to, the Photo Quality, Creativity, and Humor (the “Photo Criteria”). In the event of a tie, the tied entries will be re-evaluated against each other by the judging panel based on the Photo Criteria until the tie is broken. From approximately Wednesday, September 25th thru Sunday, September 29th 2019, the Top 10 Photos will be posted on www.celebratemore.com/petlookalike where you can vote once per day.
Sponsor will announce the winners on or about Monday, September 30th, 2019. In the event of a tie, the tied entrants will be reevaluated against each other by the judging panel based on the Photo Criteria until the tie is broken.
Entrants selected as potential winners must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Potential winners will be notified by phone or email. If a potential winner is not present at the time of the notification and a telephone message or email can be left by Sponsor at that time, he/she will have forty-eight (48) hours to accept the prize by returning Sponsor’s call at the number provided by Sponsor or returning an email at the email address provided by Sponsor. The potential winner may be required to execute and return to Sponsor the following in order to claim his/her prize (collectively, the “Acceptance Documents”): (i) An Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and (except where prohibited by law) a Publicity Release in the form(s) provided by Sponsor, and (ii) any other prize acceptance documents in the form(s) provided by Sponsor. The Acceptance Documents must be returned to Sponsor by the date and/or time indicated by Sponsor.
If an email or phone message cannot be left by Sponsor when the Sponsor places the notification email or call, or if the potential winner does not return the notification phone message or email within forty-eight (48) hours of Sponsor’s first attempt to contact the potential winner via email or phone message or if the potential winner fails to return the Acceptance Documents within the specified time, or if the potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if the potential winner does not comply with the Official Rules, then the potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner selected by Sponsor in his/her place based on random selection. In such event, an alternate potential winner will be notified by Sponsor by email or telephone message as described above and will be required to return the required documents to Sponsor as described above; however, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may adjust the above timing and delivery requirements to accommodate Sponsor’s Contest schedule, and due to such schedule and timing, Sponsor may be unable to award the prize with respect to the disqualified potential winner. Sponsor is not responsible for the failure of a potential winner to receive Sponsor’s email or telephone message or the Acceptance Documents for any reason, or for the inability of such potential winner to return Sponsor’s message or email or the Acceptance Documents for any reason. Winner agrees that he/she will not conduct or participate in any media interview regarding this Contest or any prize without the express prior written permission of Sponsor. Sponsor has the right not to select winners in this Contest if none of the entries meet the guidelines and criteria set forth in these Official Rules.
- Agreement to Official Rules and Decisions. By participating in the Contest, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to be bound by and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor (including, without limitation, decisions regarding eligibility of entries, the selection of winners, and the awarding of prizes), which are final and binding in all respects.
- Prizes. A total of up to thirteen (13) prizes will be awarded in this Contest; one prize to the Grand Prize winner for best photo & look-alike, up to two (2) Runner-up Prize winners for best photo & look-alike, and up to ten (10) prizes awarded to randomly selected voters. LIMIT: One (1) prize per person; One (1) prize per household. Grand Prize. One winner will receive the Grand Prize, which consists of a 1 year supply of Pure Harmony Pet Food in the form of 25 coupons valued at $10 each (total value $250) along with a $500 worth of Coborn’s, Cash Wise, or Marketplace Foods Gift Cards. Total Grand Prize Value $750. One winner will receive the Second Place Runner Up Prize, which consists of a gift basket supplied by Purina (estimated value $100) along with $300 worth of Coborn’s, Cash Wise, or Marketplace Foods Gift Cards. Total Second Place Prize Value: Approximately $400. One winner will receive the Third Place Runner Up Prize, which consists of $200 worth of Coborn’s, Cash Wise, or Marketplace Foods Gift Cards. Ten (10) “Vote to Win” Prizes, each consisting of a $50 Coborn’s, Cash Wise, or Marketplace Foods Gift Card will be awarded to randomly selected voters after the voting period.
Prizes must be accepted as awarded, and prizes are awarded “AS IS” with no warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, made by Sponsor or for which Sponsor may be liable, including, without limitation, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. All costs and expenses not specified herein related to the prize or the award, acceptance or use thereof, including but not limited to transportation costs, lodging, meals, beverages, taxes (including income taxes), gratuities, insurance, healthcare expenses, surcharges and other expenses incurred with respect to the award, acceptance and use of the prize or donation are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. A prize or donation is non-transferable and non-assignable, and it is not refundable. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by Sponsor. Prize winner is fully responsible for any and all applicable federal, state and local taxes and assessments associated with prize award, receipt and use.
- Publicity. Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s consent to Sponsor’s (and its successors’, assigns’, licensees’ and designees’) use of entrant’s name, biography, likeness, voice, photographs, video, opinions, hometown, state and country for promotional or other purposes in any manner or media (including, without limitation, online), world-wide, in perpetuity, and without further notice, payment, consideration or consent.
- General Conditions. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate, modify or suspend the Contest if, in Sponsor’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Contest, or if viruses, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical difficulties or failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right (but does not have an obligation) in its sole discretion to award the prize based on the above criteria from among eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of suspected impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Release. By entering, each entrant forever and irrevocably releases and holds harmless Sponsor, its parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, and their respective agents, advertising, public relations and promotion agencies, affiliates, Contest partners, prize suppliers, and all of their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders and agents from and against all claims, damages or liabilities arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entrant’s participation and/or entry in the Contest; entrant’s award, receipt or use of any prize awarded in the Contest; and entrant’s participation in any prize or contest related activities.
- Limitations of Liability. Sponsor is not responsible for: (a) incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information or late, lost, stolen, unintelligible, illegible, damaged, mutilated, altered, incomplete, misdirected entries or entries received through impermissible or illegitimate channels, all of which will be disqualified; (b) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any telephone, computer online systems, computer equipment, web site, server provider, network, hardware or software; (c) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any telephone, mail, website or service; (d) unauthorized intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (e) printing, typographical, electronic or human errors which may occur in the offer or administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (f) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant’s computer, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest, or from viewing, playing or downloading any material from Sponsor’s web site, regardless of whether the material was prepared by Sponsor or a third party, and regardless of whether the material is connected to Sponsor’s web site(s) by a hypertext link.
- Disputes. Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and solely and exclusively in a federal or state court located in St. Cloud, Minnesota; entrant submits to sole and exclusive personal jurisdiction to said courts in the State of Minnesota for any such dispute and irrevocably waives any and all rights to object to such jurisdiction; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant or Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Minnesota, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules of provisions (whether of the State of Minnesota, the United States, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Minnesota.
- Official Rules. These Official Rules are available online at
- Winner’s List. Will be posted on or around Monday, September 30, 2019 at 12 pm CST.Sponsor reserves the right to change the rules at any time. This contest is officially sponsored by Coborn’s, Incorporated.