- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp grapeseed oil
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1-1/4 pounds skinless salmon fillets, cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks
- 8 (10-inch) wooden skewers
- 1-1/2 red bell peppers, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 3/4 medium red onion, cut into 1-1/2-inch wedges, separated
- 2-1/2 cups fresh pineapple, cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks
- Vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp toasted shredded coconut or coconut chips
- In medium bowl, whisk together garlic, pineapple juice, coconut milk, lime juice, grapeseed oil and honey. Place salmon in large zip-top plastic bag, pour marinade over salmon. Seal bag and refrigerate 30 minutes to marinate.
- Soak skewers in water 20 minutes. Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. Remove salmon from marinade; reserve 1/2 cup marinade. Alternately thread salmon, bell pepper, onion and pineapple onto skewers.
- Coat grill rack with oil; reduce grill heat to medium. Place kabobs on hot grill rack and cook 12 minutes, or until salmon turns opaque throughout and internal temperature of salmon reaches 145°, rotating kabobs 1/4 turn every 3 to 4 minutes. Remove kabobs from grill and place on large serving plate; keep warm.
- In small saucepan, heat reserved marinade to a boil over medium heat; boil 1 minute. Drizzle marinade over kabobs and sprinkle with toasted coconut.
Helpful Tips: If you have a grilling basket, place skewers in the basket and grill each side for about 6 to 8 minutes. Serve with a side of your favorite rice.