- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 8 Small corn or flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Pico de Gallo
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- Combine ground beef, garlic, jalapeño, and chili powder. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Divide mixture into four large, thin patties.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook patties about 4 minutes per side, or until fully cooked.
- Set burgers aside, covered to keep warm, and wipe skillet clean. In same skillet over medium heat, heat remaining oil. Add one tortilla and top with cheese.
- Once cheese has melted and tortilla is browned, remove tortilla from pan and repeat with second tortilla.
- Once second tortilla is almost browned, place burger in center along with pico de galo and cilantro. Top with the first tortilla. Remove from pan and serve hot.
- Repeat for remaining ingredients and burgers.
Additional Topping Ideas: Avocado, Sour Cream, Lettuce, Tomato, Black Beans, Corn, Salsa