Fall has arrived and with fall comes all my favorite food. One of my favorites is fresh salads and I have got a couple that I want to share with you. When I think of fresh salads for the fall I think of cranberries and any kind of dried fruit along with a variety of nuts. I love trying in new recipes along with all of falls bountiful harvests.
Kale Salad with Warm Cranberry Vinaigrette
- 3 T. Olive Oil, divided
- 1 Shallot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 Cup Dried Cranberries
- 2 T. Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 tsp. Honey
- Juice and zest of a ½ a lemon
- 1/8 tsp. Salt
- 1/8 tsp. Pepper
- 1 Bunch Kale, very thinly sliced
- ¼ Cup Sliced Almonds
- ¼ Cup Blue Cheese or Goat Cheese
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large sauté pan over medium high heat.
- Add shallots and sauté for at least 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add garlic and sauté for one minute.
- Then add cranberries, red wine vinegar, honey, lemon juice and zest, and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss the kale with olive oil and extra pinch of salt.
- Add the cranberry shallot mixture and almonds, and toss to combine.
- Serve topped with crumbled cheese.
Autumn Apple Salad
- 2 Cups Baby Spinach
- ¼ Cup Dried Cranberries
- ¼ Chopped pecans
- 2 T. Feta Cheese
- ½ Granny Smith Apple, sliced
- ½ Fuji Apple, sliced
- 2 Slices Bacon, cooked and chopped
- [b][br]Maple Dijon Vinaigrette[/b]
- 2 T. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 T. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 T. Maple Syrup
- 1-1/2 tsp. Dijon Mustard
- To Taste Salt and Pepper
- Add spinach to medium bowl
- Top with dried cranberries, chopped pecans, feta cheese, sliced apples and cooked bacon
- Add all ingredients for the maple Dijon vinaigrette to a small mason jar.
- Shake to mix.
- Pour over salad and serve.
These are two very easy recipes when you want a quick side salad or entrée for dinner. Enjoy!
Coborn’s, Inc. Merchandising Specialist Team Manager – Bakery & Deli
Click Here for more blogs written by Jayne