Quinoa Salad with Apples, Baby Spinach and Chick Peas in Maple Vinaigrette
- 1 Cup Quinoa, dry
- 2 Handfuls Baby Spinach Leaves, washed and drained
- 1 Large Apple, diced
- 1/2 Cup Chick Peas, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Chopped Parsley
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- 4 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
- In sauce pan or rice cooker, add quinoa and 2 cups of water. Cover and cook on low simmer until all water is absorbed or evaporated and quinoa is tender. (approximately 20 min.)
- Dump cooked quinoa into large bowl.
- Mix in spinach, apples chick peas and parsley.
- In separate, small bowl, combine ingredients for vinaigrette, mix well.
- Pour vinaigrette over quinoa salad and toss gently to coat. Season with Salt and Pepper if desired.