- 1 Eggplant, cubed
- 1 Zucchini, cubed
- 1 Tsp. salt, divided
- 1 Red Onion, finely diced
- 3 Garlic Cloves, finely diced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, stemmed and seeded, diced
- 4 Roma Tomatoes, diced
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 tsp. Thyme
- 1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- Place cubed eggplant and cubed zucchini into two separate medium bowls. Sprinkle a 1/2 teaspoon of salt to each and mix well with your hands, ensuring veggies are coated in salt (this will help draw the moisture out of the veggies). Set aside
- Add olive oil to a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic to heated oil. Cook for 5 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Once onions are garlic are cooked, add eggplant and bell pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Next, add zucchini and cook for 5 minutes.
- Next, add thyme, Italian seasoning, and tomatoes. Cover and simmer on low heat for 25 minutes. Serve immediately.