Red Velvet Mummy Cake Pops
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- 1 Box (15.25 Oz.) Moist Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1¼ Cups Water
- ½ Cup Vegetable Oil
- ¼ Cup plus 2 Tbsp Creamy Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1¼ Packages (16 Oz. each) Vanilla Candy Coating, microwaveable
- 30 Cake Pop Sticks
- 1 (12 x 18-inch) Block of Styrofoam™
- ½ Tbsp Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 13 x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Line rimmed baking pan with parchment paper. Prepare cake as label directs with eggs, water and oil in prepared baking dish; cool.
- Break up cake into smaller pieces; pulse in food processor until it resembles small crumbs. Transfer cake crumbs to large bowl; with hands, work in frosting until mixture sticks together. Roll cake mixture into 1½-inch balls; place on prepared baking pan.
- Melt candy coating as label directs. Dip 1 end of cake pop sticks into candy coating, then insert into center of cake balls; freeze 20 minutes.
- Reheat remaining candy coating as label directs to melt, if necessary. Dip cake balls into candy coating to completely cover, allowing excess to drip off; stick upright into styrofoam. Refrigerate cake pops 10 minutes or until hardened.
- Reheat remaining candy coating as label directs to melt, if necessary; drizzle over cake pops to create “mummy wrap”. Place 2 chocolate chips on cake pops to make “eyes”; refrigerate until ready to serve. Makes 30 cake pops.