- 24 foil baking cups
- 1 package (16.5 ounces) Devil’s Food cake mix
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) chocolate instant pudding and pie filling
- 4 large eggs
- 1¼ cups whole milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks), softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- 24 vanilla wafers
- 48 candy eyeballs
- 48 mini pretzel twists
- 24 candy-coated chocolate pieces
- Prepare Cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350°. Line 2 standard-size muffin pans with baking cups. In large bowl, beat cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, milk and oil with mixer on medium speed 2 minutes; with rubber spatula, scrape bottom and sides of bowl. Fill baking cups 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cupcakes comes out with a few crumbs attached. Cool cupcakes in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pan; cool com-pletely on wire rack.
- In large bowl, beat butter with mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add powdered sugar; beat until light and fluffy, scraping bowl occasionally. Add vanilla extract; beat until combined. Add melted chocolate; mix on low speed until well incorporated, scraping bowl occasionally. Increase speed to medium; beat 5 minutes or until frosting is creamy. Makes about 3½ cups. Frost top of each cooled cupcake with 2 tablespoons frosting.
- To assemble Reindeer: Place 1 vanilla wafer slightly off-center on 1 side of each cupcake; add 2 eyes above each wafer. For antlers, press bottom sides of pretzel twists into frosting over each eye. For nose, dot wafer with frosting and press candy-coated chocolate piece into frosting.