Recipe Difficulty: Easy
Knife: Yes (cutting wraps in half)
A simple recipe that is loaded with great nutrition and loved by kids of all ages! This recipe from the Minnesota Beef Council is perfect for kids to make for a fun lunch-time activity!
- 12 ounces deli roast beef, thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded broccoli slaw
- 6 tablespoons ranch dressing, divided
- 1/2 cup fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 4 medium whole wheat tortillas
- Mix broccoli slaw and 1/4 cup ranch dressing in medium bowl; mix with 2 forks to coat evenly.
- Combine cream cheese and remaining 2 tablespoons ranch dressing in small bowl; mix well with rubber spatula.
- Place tortilla on cutting board or other flat surface. Spread about 2-1/2 tbsp cream cheese mixture on tortilla using a rubber spatula.
- Top cream chees with 1/4 roast beef slices in an even layer.
- Place approximately 1/3 cup of broccoli mixture on roast beef. Using rubber spatula or back of a spoon, spread broccoli mixture in an even layer.
- Starting at the bottom edge, roll tortilla up tightly to enclose filling.
- Repeat steps 3 through 6 to make 3 remaining wraps.
- *Adult help needed: Using a knife, cut wraps crosswise into 1-1/2-inch wide pieces or cut diagonally in half.
*Always wash your hands frequently before, during, and after cooking.
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Forks, Spoon,
- Cutting Board
Recipe provided with permission from the Minnesota Beef Council