Our resident foodie, blogger and home chef extraordinaire Jayne will be cooking up some new deliciously healthy holiday recipes again with Pat Evans on Kare 11, Saturday, December 24th on the morning show. Be sure to tune in for these great recipes and cheer Jayne’s on!
UPDATE: You can view the segment here: http://www.kare11.com/news/health/amped-up/amped-up-healthy-holiday-meal/377489055
Baked Blackberry Glazed Salmon
- ½ cup seedless blackberry jam
- 3 T. red wine vinegar
- 1 lb. fresh Norwegian Salmon, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 T. Lemon-Pepper Seasoning Salt
- 1 cup fresh Blackberries
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Spray both sides of salmon pieces lightly with cooking spray and rub on lemon-pepper seasoning salt. Place fish, skin side down, in pan.
- Bake uncovered for 12-15 minutes and until internal temperature reaches at least 145 degrees.
- While the fish is baking, in a 1 quart saucepan cook blackberry jam and vinegar over medium heat 2-3 minutes until jam is melted. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Carefully lift fish from skin with spatula.
- Serve salmon topped with blackberry glaze and berries.
Pomegranate & Almond Salad
- 1/3 cup sunflower oil
- 2 T lime juice
- ½ tsp. sugar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. of ground pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 10 oz. of sweet baby lettuce
- 1 pomegrante, seeded (3/4 cup seeds)
- 1/3 cup Almonds, sliced
- In a small bowl whisk together the oil, lime juice, sugar, salt, pepper and garlic until smooth.
- In large serving bowl, mix lettuce and pomegranate seeds.
- Add dressing; toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with almonds; toss gently and enjoy!
Jicama Spinach Salad
- 1 small jicama
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 10 oz. bag baby spinach leaves
- 2 T. lime juice
- 2 T. honey
- 1 T. sunflower oil
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients until blended.
- Cover; refrigerate 1 hour to mix the flavors.
- Peel jicama; cut into ¼-inch thick slices. In large bowl, gently toss jicama, strawberries and spinach.
- Just before serving, pour dressing over salad; toss gently to mix.
Click here for more great recipes from Jayne!