Southwestern Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 4 Sweet Potatoes
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Onion, chopped
- 3/4 Cup Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 Cup Frozen Corn, thawed
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 2 Tbsp. Cilantro, chopped
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 4 Tbsp. Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 4 Tbsp. Plain Non-Fat Greek Yogurt (optional)
- Clean all potatoes and poke holes throughout each of them with a fork. Place potatoes in a microwave safe dish and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until tender. Proceed to the next step to make the filling while potatoes are cooking. Once they are done, set aside.
- While the potatoes are cooking, add oil and onion to a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add cumin and chili pepper. Stir. Add beans, corn, and tomatoes and saute for another 2 minutes. Add in lime juice, cilantro, and cook for approximately 1 more minute.
- Remove the mixture from the skillet and pour into a bowl and set aside.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise and scoop out a small portion of the potato. (Don't worry, you'll eat this later!) This will make a small area for the filling.
- Add about 1/4 Cup. of the filling to each potato. Top with cheese, plain Greek Yogurt and cilantro if desired.
Recipe provided by Reach Up Head Start Early Head Start