- 4 Medium Bell Peppers (any color)
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Lb. 93% Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 Small Onion, chopped
- 1-2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Packet Mrs. Dash Taco Seasoning
- 3/4 Cup Water
- 1 Can (8 Oz.) No-Salt Added Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Bag Frozen, Steamable Brown Rice
- 1 Can (15 Oz.) No-Salt Added Black Beans
- 1/2 Cup Reduced-Fat Shredded Cheese (Mexican Blend or Sharp Cheddar)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Cut top and membranes out of peppers. Cook them in boiling water for 5 minutes, remove and turn upside down to drain well.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook onion and garlic until onions and translucent.
- Add turkey meat and seasoning, cook according to package directions.
- Steam brown rice in microwave according to package directions.
- Once meat is cooked and seasoned, add black beans, rice and tomatoes.
- Spoon mixture into peppers and bake for 30 minutes. During last 5 minutes of cooking, sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
Try grilling peppers in an aluminum pan for a roasted pepper flavor. Add other veggies and seasoning into the mix to make it your own.