Ditch traditional bread for sweet potato slices for this gluten-free take on classic avocado toast. Diced walnuts offer some added crunch while red pepper flakes kick things up with a little heat.
- 2 Sweet Potatoes
- 2 Avocados, thinly sliced
- 1/2 C. Walnuts, diced
- 1-1/2 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes, plus more if desired
- 4 tsp. Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 3/4 tsp. Flaky Salt
- Slice a small plank off one side of each sweet potato lengthwise. This will act as a base, so you can cut the sweet potato into toast slices easily. Prop the sweet potato on the flat side you created and slice each potato into planks about 1/4 inch thick. Prepare the sweet potato by following the toaster or oven preparation instructions below.
- For toaster preparation, pop the sweet potato planks in the toaster and toast until tender. This may take a few times, depending on your toaster.
- For oven preparation, preheat your oven to 350° F. Lay the sweet potato planks on a baking sheet and spray with cooking spray. Roast for 6-7 minutes per side, until they are easily pierced with a fork.
- When they’re done toasting, lay the sweet potato toasts on plates and top with sliced avocado. Mash the avocado gently with a fork. Sprinkle with diced walnuts, red pepper flakes and drizzle with olive oil. Top with flaky salt.
Recipe and photo shared with permission by CA Walnuts