Sweet Potato Tater Tot Casserole
- 1 Lb. 93% Lean Ground Beef
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 16 Oz. Mixed Vegetables, thawed from frozen
- 3 Tbsp. Butter
- 3 Tbsp. Whole Wheat White Flour
- 1 Can Reduced Sodium Beef Broth
- 1 Cup Skim or Low Fat Milk
- 20 Oz. Bag Sweet Potato Tots
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- In medium skillet on medium heat, brown ground beef.
- While browning ground beef, mix together garlic powder, chili powder and Italian seasoning. Set aside.
- Once beef is cooked through, drain grease and pour beef into 8"x8" baking dish. Spread mixed vegetables over beef. Set aside.
- In same skillet, add butter. When butter is melted, stir in flour and cook for 5 minutes; stirring often. Add broth, milk and half of the spice mix. Heat to a low boil and cook until thickened, stirring often.
- Pour sauce over beef and vegetables in baking dish. In an even layer, top beef and vegetables with sweet potato tots. Sprinkle remaining spice mix over tots.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until sweet potatoes are slightly browned.