This lighter take on a teriyaki noodle bowl is a quick and easy crowd-pleasing meal, perfect for weeknight dinner. Featuring thinly sliced strips of pork tenderloin, bell peppers, matchstick carrots, spiral zucchini noodles and walnuts all tossed in a simple teriyaki sauce.
- 2 Tbsp. Sesame Oil, divided
- 4 Cloves Garlic, minced and divided
- 1 lb. Lean Pork Tenderloin, trimmed of visible fat and cut into ½-1-inch thick strips
- 1 Medium Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1-1/4 C. Shredded or Matchstick-cut Carrots (about 4 ounces)
- 1 C. Chopped Walnuts
- 1 lb. Prepared Zucchini Noodles
- 1/4 C. Lower Sodium Teriyaki Sauce, with 1 Tbsp. water mixed in
- 1/4 C. Chopped Green Onion Tops
- Heat 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add half of the minced garlic cloves and half of the pork; cook and stir 5 minutes, or until browned and 145°F. Set aside. Repeat with 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame oil, remaining half of minced garlic cloves and pork; set aside.
- To the same skillet, over medium-high heat, add remaining 1 tablespoon sesame oil, bell pepper, carrots and walnuts; cook and stir until vegetables are tender; about 3-5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low; add zucchini noodles, pork and combined teriyaki sauce and water to the skillet; use tongs to coat mixture evenly with sauce; cook 5 minutes until heated through. Garnish with green onions and serve.
Recipe and image provided with permission from CA Walnuts. Original recipe by Beth Stark, RDN, LDN.