- 1½ Cups whole wheat flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 Cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 Cup skim milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Cup frozen mixed berries
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place liners in muffin tins, if desired.
- Whisk together baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and sugar in large bowl.
- In separate bowl, combine milk, eggs, butter and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to dry, and stir until just combined. Don’t over mix. Fold in mixed berries.
- Spoon batter into muffin tins. Bake 20-25 minutes, until a cake tester comes out clean and tops are nicely browned.