- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 3 Leek Bulbs, sliced into rings
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 5 Potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried marjoram
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 5 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- In large pot melt butter over low heat. Add leaks and onion. Cover and cook for 10 min.
- Add potatoes and seasonings; stir to combine. Continue cooking for 10-12 min.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a boil, then reduce heat. Cook partially covered for 30 minutes.
- Puree soup in food process and cool.
- Prior to serving, add cream.
If serving soup warm, reheat slowly as to not change the consistency of added cream.