- 1 Cup Whole Wheat White Flour
- 1/2 Cup Ground Flaxseed
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 3 Tbsp. Butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 Cup Pure Maple Syrup or honey
- 1 Large Egg, beaten
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Finely Grated Zucchini
- 1/2 Cup Finely Grated Carrot
- 1/2 Cup Raisins
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F and place rack in the center of the oven and coat a mini muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine the flour, ground flaxseed, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda in a mixing bowl and whisk until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the butter, maple syrup (or honey), egg, apple sauce and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and stir together until just barely combined.
- Add the zucchini, carrot and raisins and stir gently until just distributed.
- Fill each cup in the mini muffin pan approximately 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Dietitian's Tips: This is a great recipe to make at the beginning of the week for an easy, grab & go breakfast for busy mornings!
Recipe adapted from Cupcakes and Kale Chips